Search Marketing Salaries : What You Should be Paid
Yesterday, I covered at the SEW Blog a ClickZ article about SEM Salaries. Here is a quick summary on how much SEMs get paid based on the ClickZ article.
* Entry-level SEM position; $30,000 to $45,000 or about $10 per hour.
* Three to five years of experience; $50,000 to $75,000.
* Expert-level; $75,000 to $90,000
* Senior managers; $70,000 to $120,000
* SEM Directors; $95,000 to $150,000
* VP level positions; $100,000 to $200,000
Danny then broke out a thread at Search Engine Watch Forums he named SEM Salaries – What People Are Paying. The thread has real SEMs talking about what they get paid. A person who is in France with 5-years experience is earning $24,000. AussieWebmaster said that Amex was offering $95k base with bonuses up to 15% of salary and options. Joe Morin added that he knew of two companies with a job open for a VP of Search with a salary of $250K+ with the top one willing to go as high as $315K.
It seems like salaries do vary widely based on job requirements, location of job, and the place you work at.
Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Roundtable Search Forum Coverage – Barry Schwartz is the Editor of Search Engine Roundtable and President of RustyBrick, Inc., a Web services firm specializing in customized online technology that helps companies decrease costs and increase sales.