1) Relevant Domain Name- Purchase a domain name for your site that is relevant to the search terms. If you are optimizing for “blog search engine”, a domain name like “www.blogsearchengine.com” would be the answer.
Domain names are not expensive anymore and can usually be bought for around $14.
Once you have your domain hosted, make sure to also optimize your internal page extensions.
2) Title Tag- Ok, so you bought and hosted “search4blogs.com”, excellent. Now lets get started on the number one most important tag of the site, the title tag (I’m replacing ” “One of the most important tags for “natural” or “organic” search engine optimization (SEO) is the HTML title tag. Title text is text placed between the [title] and [/title] tags. A title tag and its content looks like this:
[title]Organic green teas from ABC Tea Company[/title]
HTML title-tag content is important for positioning and providing a call to action. All major crawler-based search engines (Google, Inktomi, etc.) use title-tag content to determine relevancy. Additionally, much of the title-tag content is the hyperlink in search engine results pages (SERPs).
A keyword-stuffed title tag does not give potential customers the right impression. Do you want people to buy organic green teas from your company? Or do you want them to buy green teas; green tea; organic green tea; and organic green teas? Write for your target audience when you create HTML title-tag content.
3) Content- Make sure all of your site content is relevant to the words that you choose to optimize for. You should have your top optimized words repeated between 3 and 8 times on each page. DO NOT OVER DO IT! Too many occurances of your keywords may be seen as search engine spam. And we all hate search engine spam.
o Internal Links While creating internal links (those within your site) you should link your keywords. This will make them stick out more and seem more important to the search engines.
o External Links Links on other sites that point to your site. If other sites set up links to your site (via link trade, advertising, or whatever), make sure they use your keywords in the linking text.
* NOTE! Be careful. Do not use link farming techniques or trade links with sites that have questionable content or link trading practices. Only trade with sites for traffic and similar content. Ignore Link Trading queries and emails from drug, gambling, and other shadey sites.
5) Submit – Get your content rich page running and optimized and submit to the top search engines only once. After submitting they will index your page in time.
The search engines that still accept free submittals are:
Submit to these directories too!
Open Directory Project
Paid Inclusion- You have to pay to get indexed!