Would you like to join the SEJ Team?
Search Engine Journal needs a sharp, energetic, and fun Research and Editorial Assistant with a strong background in marketing.
Although this is a work-from-home position, we strongly prefer someone based in the Philippines, as we already have several team members there.
This is a long-term assignment paid hourly. Expect to work an average of 30 hours per week, with the possibility of transitioning to full-time.
1. Gather and organize information in spreadsheets or presentations
2. Track and follow up on deadlines, assignments, and requests
3. Internet research projects
4. Assist with editorial process: follow a checklist for reviewing article drafts, communicate feedback and change requests to writers, work with staff to maintain content standards
1. Very fluent in both verbal and written English
2. Experience working in (or in support of) marketing
3. Internet research – advanced superhero level
4. Strong business and email etiquette
6. Please put the following at the top of your cover letter: I am applying for an editorial assistant position
7. Extremely organized, detail- and process-oriented
8. Sense of humor – snark, sass, witty rejoinders all welcome. (Puns OK but don’t push it.)
Nice to haves:
1. WordPress experience
2. Writing and/or copyediting
3. Experience in social media management, paid advertising, content marketing, SEO
1) Paid holidays (these were picked by our Philippines team)
January 1 – New Year’s Day
November 1 – All Saints Day
December 24 – Christmas Eve
December 25 – Christmas Day
2) 5 paid vacation days
3) An amazing and fun team in the Philippines and US
4) Annual trip to US for offsite team meetup
5) Work during local hours. No graveyard shifts, hooray!
Our Promise to You:
To always have an open door policy. In addition to constant availability on IM, management will have regular one-on-one and group meetings with you and the team. You’ll always have an outlet to ask questions and raise concerns. We love hearing feedback from you on how to make things better.
To make every effort to keep you in the know. With the time difference and remote location, we know it is easy to feel left out of the loop. We make every effort to bridge the gap and make sure you know what’s going on.
To acknowledge your work. We’re paying attention. We encourage and give constructive feedback. You’ll know when you’ve done something great, as well as when it could have been better, and why.
Send your cover letter + resume to email@example.com.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!