Starting January 1, “reservation-based” Promoted Pins will be available to all US users at a CPM. Here are some of the benefits of Promoted Pins, based on data gathered from the beta launch:
- Promoted Pins perform as good or better than organic Pins.
- Brand advertisers achieved about a 30% bump in earned media from people who saw a Promoted Pin and saved it to one of their own boards.
- Promoted Pins are repinned an average of 11 times or higher.
- Promoted Pins continue to draw engagement from users even after a campaign has ended.
- Businesses outside of Pinterest’s core categories were successful with Promoted Pins.
In an effort to make itself even more of a useful marketing tool for businesses, Pinterest is introducing what it calls the “Pinstitute” — a new program for businesses to learn how to connect with users and see an even greater return on investment.
Through two tracks focused on creative and measurement, you can learn what kind of Pins perform well, what users care about and what kinds of products Pinterest will be rolling out in the future.
A select group of brands and agencies will be invited to attend quarterly Pinstitute workshops. If you’re not among that select group, Pinterest will also be rolling out a series of webinars and other online learning tools for small businesses.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!