I have already reviewed one book previously, and thought that might be a good idea to share a new book with SEJ readers from time to time.
Today I am going to announce a new book by one of my friends Dan Schawbel, a well-known personal branding expert. I haven’t read the book yet because it is brand new but Dan emailed asking to announce the book and of course I agreed because I enjoy what Dan is doing.
The book is called Me 2.0 and it tackles personal branding in today’s Internet.
A few highlights from the book:
- 4-step process for building a powerful brand (discover, create, communicate, maintain).
- Tips on using social media tools for personal empowerment and professional networking;
- Tested advice on how to create an online and offline presence for career protection and self-promotion.
- Over 40 expert quotes from leaders including Don Tapscott, Guy Kawasaki, Penelope Trunk, and David Kirkpatrick of Fortune Magazine, among others.
- More than 70 research reports, three personal case studies and examples to give you a broader perspective on the topic.
I will definitely read the book (I am recently seriously into book reading because it’s spring and I have to spend much time outside with my new-born daughter away from my computer, so don’t be surprised if I start reviewing book after book soon).