Just in time for the holiday season, Google My Business is launching a feature that will allow businesses to set their holiday hours in advance.
Previously, if you wanted to make a change to your business hours on a particular day, you would have to do it on that day and change it back right after.
Now, if you know in advance when your business will be running on holiday hours, you can can schedule your Google My Business page to automatically change opening hours for those days only.
Your page will indicate to customers if what they’re seeing on a particular day are your holiday hours. If your closing hours are flexible you can also have a message displayed saying “hours may differ”.
Of course, you can use this feature for any occasion when your business might be running different hours from usual. It’s not exclusive to the upcoming holiday season.
How to Add Special Hours to Your Google My Business Page
- Log in to your Google My Business account, select the location that you want to set special hours for.
- On the “Location details” page, scroll down and click in the “Special hours” section.
- Choose the date when special hours are in effect and enter the opening and closing times for that day.
- Click the box next to “Closed” to indicate that the location is closed all day. (If you are open 24 hours, enter 12:00am–12:00am.)
- Click Add another to add more special hours for the location.
For further information on setting special hours for your page, see Google’s help center article.
Image Credit: Suzanne Tucker / Shutterstock