Read/WriteWeb has the scoop on the new MyYahoo personalized homepage which has gone ‘Web 2.0’ and includes a hovering Ajax powered RSS reader!
Here are the other features:
* pre-built personalized page for each user, based on data Yahoo has already gleaned from their usage of Yahoo properties – the design of the page is closely aligned with yahoo.com;
* Category pages for topics such as cooking, plus “content suggestions”;
* Users can further customize their page with drag-and-drop modules, and new four-column and small search box layouts;
* Feed previews and a full post reader on the page;
* Editable Personal Assistant with instant access to things like Yahoo! Mail, horoscopes, local traffic, etc;
* Redesigned modules from Yahoo! and select partners, with games, music, commerce, sports updates, weather, finance portfolios, TV listings, etc;
* Sharing feature, enabling users to send their My Yahoo! page or favorite modules to friends and family – note, this is very similar to Pageflakes’ sharing feature, only Yahoo told me that their sharing service doesn’t require sign-ups;
* More “new interactive modules” to come
A screencast of the new MyYahoo is also available from the MyYahoo Team.