San Francisco’s Moscone Center was abuzz with marketers from around the world earlier this week, as Marketo hosted their annual Marketing Nation Summit. The three-day conference offered marketers a chance to network, talk shop, and discuss the future of marketing by highlighting the latest trends and newest technologies.
I stopped by the conference to check it out, interview people from across the marketing world, and see what industry thought leaders were saying about the current state of digital marketing.
To find out more, watch the full recap video below:
These are the key takeaways from the video:
- Marketo is a marketing automation company that provides automation software in the B2B space.
- Marketo’s Marketing Nation Summit, which was one a small conference with only a handful of attendees, has turned into a massive, three day long conference that took place in downtown San Francisco on April 7-9 and saw over 6,000 people in attendance.
- The biggest highlight for SEJ readers from the Marketing Nation Summit: Marketo announced the launch of their new SEO suite, which seeks to integrate SEO services into their marketing automation software. This new product will function by analyzing your existing content and providing recommendations to help boost your SEO. Marketo told us that this would be the first round of the product, with much more to come.
- The conference hosted Hilary Clinton as its keynote speaker. In her speech, the former Secretary of State, First Lady, and State Senator talked about the importance of social media and how she uses it to connect with people from around the world on an individual level.
- Another important trend I noticed was the increasing sophistication of marketing automation tools and their ability to provide users with more unique and customizable options than ever before. But with new technology comes new challenges, and with this, the biggest challenge is to make sure that users are up to speed with the capabilities of the software.
- A second important consideration to come out of the conference centered around retargeting, and how to retarget effectively across channels.
Overall, Marketo’s Marketing Nation Summit was a great conference and networking event. With over 6,000 attendees, it brought a wide range of people together and provided a great place to learn about the current trends and what’s to come in the future of marketing.
To learn more about the Marketing Nation Summit, you can visit the website at summit.marketo.com.