Local.com continues to grow and has expanded into the UK with its new UK Local Search Engine, which was just released from beta.
The new site offers a more streamlined look and feel on the search results page, including a three-column design that provides an intuitive navigation panel. Users can:
- Sort results by rating, distance, business name and category
- Limit results to a defined radius
- Filter results by related categories and nearby cities
- Sort by star ratings and read user reviews
- Access recent searches, which are now automatically saved for easy reference
“ UK search is up almost 22 percent in 2006 according to Hitwise, and is expected to grow even further this year. The UK market represents a significant local search opportunity for our business,” said Bruce Crair , president and COO, Local.com. “Local.com offers our UK users very targeted search results for businesses, products and services. Our enhancements are designed to usher in a new experience in the UK local search market.”