How to Improve Your CTR on Google Adwords
Many web site owners have no idea how to get the most out of their ads on Google AdWords. Many web site owners are just wasting their money for little or even nothing in return. Unless your a big company with lots of money to spend, you will need to get the most out of your ads to stay alive. Below you will find tips that will help you improve your Google AdWords Campaign’s results.
1) The keywords you are targeting should be highly relevant to your product or service. For example, if you sale games online, don’t target the keyword games, it may be relevant, but it’s not highly relevant, targeting the keyword games could get people that want a game for a computer, but you only sale games for PS2. Instead target the keywords with the games title. Avoid keywords that are too general because they will not send as targeted customers as you want.
2) It is important that you target your ads to the right Audience. If you only sale to customers in the United States, only target people in the United States, if you only ship products to people in the UK, only target people from the UK. If your web site’s language is only in English, target people that speak English.
3) Use a strong call to action. Sometimes internet surfers need to be told what to do and how to do it. You could use something such as Join now, buy this today or get yours now. Doesn’t matter which one you choose, make sure that the phrase is unique and specific to your web site’s offer so that it’s more compelling to the surfers.
4) Use your main keywords in the Title or the Body Text of the ad. As internet users scan the page for relevant information to their search, they will recognize that your ad is relevant to what they are searching for. The ad will stand out from your competitor’s ad and get the attention of your soon to be customers.
5) Create different Ads for different keywords. This will allow you to make the ads more compelling to internet surfers and help maximize your clickthrough and conversion rates. This will also allow you to make your ads look more relevant to internet surfers that are searching with your search phrases.
6) Test and monitor your ads to get the best clickthrough and conversion rates. Try different ads and see which ones work the best for you. Google adword’s system tracks the CTR for each ad you have, so you can see which ads are doing the best and which ones are not doing as good. You may also want to look at your server logs to find what your customers searched for before visiting your site.
7) Try to target multiword search phrases instead of single words. Most single words are far too general and don’t best describe your product or service and will not send you targeted customers. For example, you sale computers and you target the keyword computers, some of these people searching with that keyword could be looking for computer information or for help with the one they already own. As you can see people searching with that keyword could be looking for things that your site has nothing to do with.
Matt Colyer began as a SEO Specialist in 1997. He founded Superior Webmaster in 2004 as a source of articles and tutorials for Web site owners looking to improve their Web site.