Search Engine Journal is launching a new Guest Blogging competition where readers of Search Engine Journal can contribute articles, tutorials, timely search marketing news and other content over the course of a one week period (beginning 4/8/08 and ending 4/15/08).
The Grand Prize is over $9,000 in Search Marketing services and products including :
- $1,000 in Blog Reviews & Links from SponsoredReviews.com
- $500 in free advertising from Text Link Ads
- 6 Month Free Subscription for Adapt Paid Search Management Software (a $1,194 value)
- One Year Subscription to Keyword Discovery (a $599 value)
- $500 from Pepperjam Search
- 12 months of Google Shopping Product Feed Management from SingleFeed
- 3 months free at SEOBook (a $300 value)
- SEO Audit & Site Makeover from Search Engine Journal Services (a $5000+ value)
- Submittals of up to 4 sites to Aviva Directory Network (a $400+ value)
- Various 2nd and 3rd place prizes
We may be adding more prizes to this list very soon, so keep posted!
What Can You Write About?
This competition is open to all writers and bloggers, not only those in the search marketing field. So, you can write about anything from blogs to blogging, SEO to paid search, Twitter to RSS, your thoughts on Yahoo or Google, even Top 10 or Top 101 Lists are acceptable.
Be bold, and be creative 🙂
We will then review and publish this reader contributed content on the Search Engine Journal site, along with our daily search engine news coverage and search marketing tutorials. We will be publishing your guest posts over a two week period (4/16/08 to 4/30/08).
All contributors will benefit from this competition via :
- Exposure of your expertise to the Search Marketing industry
- Exposure of your company : We will add a bi-line an link to your company at the bottom of your post.
- Long term benefit as these posts will be indexed in search engines and housed on our authority site.
- Exposure to our RSS subscriber base of 15,000+
- All Entrants Will Receive a $100 VIP Coupon for SponsoredReviews.com!
- And so much more.
The way the competition works is this.
1. Submit your original tutorial, guest post or article via emailing it to email@example.com (yes, you can submit multiple posts)
2. Include a 75×75 image of the author (or send a link to your Facebook or another profile with a pic)
3. SEJ staff will review these articles, edit them (if needed), then post them on the blog over a 2 week
4. Judging of the articles will be a multi-tier process looking at social media voting, reader voting, traffic of the individual posts and links to the posts. The voting will be measured 2 weeks after the initial publishing date.
So, we essentially give the responsibility of the voting to the readers :
SEJ user voting at post level + Stumbles + Comments + Sphinns + Diggs + Unique Users + Page Views (Google Analytics) + Mixx Votes + Incoming Links (as measured by Yahoo) = Final Tally
We do not encourage contributors to game the social media voting systems, please let the users of those systems vote for the stories. You can of course promote your posts to friends using IM, Twitter, Facebook, your own blog … etc.
5. Grand Prize will be assigned to the post with the highest final tally as voted upon. We will be transparent about reporting these votes and will rank all of the guest blog posts when we make our final announcement. The Grand Prize will be announced on 5/19/08.
Search Engine Journal will issue a new competition every other month with new sponsors and alter voting tally according to industry trends.