OK, we have discussed great techy gifts for adults and girly girl geek gifts, but we could not leave out the kids. So here are some cool gift ideas for “Geeky” and “Tech” kids (or if you are trying to raise a geek these might be good). We will go from young children to older children (and many of these gifts would be good for adult geeks as well). All titles are links.
Start the geekdom early.
Mostly IP Creeper & Toddler Tee
Anyone that knows me knows there will be some Star Wars items in here. You have to admit this one is cool.
Boys love these. They are very cool.
Plays fully animated stories with story narration, character voices, vivid graphics and exciting sounds and music.
Your kid builds the circuits to make the car move!
Cyclaws Remote Control Vehicle (for kids and men)
One of these is on its way to my house; I read in reviews to get spare high capacity battery so if you are interested you may want to get one.
Star Wars Plush w/sound
Kids can build and make their own marble maze.
ThinkGeek.com also has Jedi Robes
Tired of your kids playing video games? Now they can play one without playing one 🙂
Promote science while they are young.
You can’t go wrong with this gift. There so many games to choose from and kids love them. Think of when you have dinner out and the kid is bored…this comes in handy.
- Favorite children’s books, graphic novels, and magazines in rich color
- 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, and books available
- Thousands of popular apps and games, including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, and more
- Less expensive than iPad
- Free cloud storage for all theirAmazon content
- Vibrant color touchscreen with extra-wide viewing angle
- Fast, powerful dual-core processor
You might think it is crazy to get a kid an iPad, but there are a lot of good reasons to do so. Here are a few.
- They have amazing educational apps (see Math Ninja – my son has no issue with doing 20 minutes of math practice with this)
- Kids need to learn how to use tablets; my son’s school has an iPad lab along with the other computer labs.
- They are great art and music apps for kids.
- They can have movies on it to take in the car, trips etc. with them.
- There is a kid-safe browser available.
- Kids can read books and play games.
- They can customize the background (this is my sons, Carnage).
- Photoshop app allows them to start to learn about photo-editing.
- You can always limit the time kids spend on the iPad with passwords and other parent apps.
Comes with earphones…they have fun and you have qui
These are fun, no matter what your age. They do break easy though.
Legos are a lot of fun, require children to follow directions and think. Win/Win/Win
Foam Fountain Optical Illusion – Changes with music, see below.