Content marketing and social media are integral to any successful blogger or publisher’s revenue-generating strategies. But how can you be sure that you are taking the right steps to build your fan base while also trying to monetize? This is a task that many online publishers struggle with. However, Mayhem Studios’ Calvin Lee pointed out that building your following is as simple as creating valuable content and positively interacting with your social media followers.
In a recent interview from South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, Calvin chats with Murray Newlands about how to generate more Twitter followers for your brand via content marketing and offers up his own personal tips for growing your Twitter following with great content.
To find out more, watch the full interview below:
These are the key takeaways from the video:
- In this interview, Calvin emphasizes the importance of “being nice to your followers” by reciprocating value on social media. He says it’s important to help your followers and to share important and valuable content without expecting anything – in return and you will build a loyal fan base that trusts your brand.
- Calvin says that the best way to get started with content creation and building a following is to choose your niche carefully and to post content that is of interest to your followers.
- Calvin explains that in order to gain followers on Twitter, or any other social media platform for that matter, you have to communicate with your followers, answer their questions, respond to their positive/negative feedback and make sure that they can trust the information that you’re providing them.
- Calvin points out that humor and sarcasm (to a certain extent) usually generate a lot of responses from the audience and helps to keep them interested and entertained.
- Negativity is something Calvin advises avoiding on social media. Even when you get negative comments, you should try to respond with positive comments and make followers understand that you care and that their feedback is important to you.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.