KeywordSmash is a free online tool that lets you search every major online keyword research and content source as well as search a number of them simultaneously. The keyword research tools that can be accessed via the site are sorted into the following categories:
(1) Offers (sites related to making money: Clickbank, Amazon, etc);
(2) Keywords (Purely keyword research tools: Google traffic estimator, Wordtracker);
(3) Trends (Tools exploring online buzz: Google Trends, BlogPulse, Yahoo buzz, etc);
(4) Demographics (Traffic and demographics analysis tools: Google Insights, Compete, etc);
(5) Ads (PPC research tools: Google Sponsored links, AdSense SandBox);
(6) Social (Social media search engines: Twitter, Digg, Delicious, etc);
(7) News (News search engines: Google news, Topix, etc);
(8) Discussions (Forums and discussion boards: Google groups, Board Reader, etc);
(9) Articles (Article directories: Ezine articles, Article Dashboard, etc);
(10) Images (Image search engines and databases: Photobucket, Flickr, etc);
(11) Videos (Video search engines and databases: YouTube, Yahoo! video, etc);
(12) Public domain (Wikipedia, US Gov content, Creative Commons, Project Gutenberg)
To get started, you will need to add keywordsmash.com to the list of sites that can open popups in your browser. To do that, please go: Tools > Options > Content tab, click “Exceptions” next to “Block popup windows” (which should be checked) and add keywordsmash.com to the white list.
Now, give the tool a try. Let’s search within “Social” category:
- Type in your search term;
- Select search engines you want to use (Or click “Select” to choose all search engines within this category);
- Click “Search” to open all the chosen search engine results – each in a new tab.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our daily newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!