How prepared is your organization for the imminent loss of third-party data?
Are you ready for first-party data to take center stage in your marketing strategy?
Maybe you’re feeling unsure of how to use first-party data?
While cookies going away will reduce your access to third-party data, you can still strike the right balance with your acquisition strategies and provide your customers with high-converting, personalized experiences.
On April 27, I moderated a webinar with Vishal Maru, Vice President of Digital Solutions at iQuanti. He explained how enterprises could embrace the power of first-party data and better connect with their customers.
Here is a summary of the webinar. To access the entire presentation, complete the form.
How Advertisers Will Be Affected
The changing privacy landscape has a dramatic impact on the digital marketing ecosystem and is caused by:
- A change in customer mindset.
- Privacy regulations, such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Privacy changes from key players, such as Google & Apple.
What This Means For Advertisers
The reduction and removal of third-party data has the potential to cause:
- Ineffective targeting.
- Challenges with measurement & attribution.
- An inability to track reach and frequency.
These all lead to lower campaign efficiencies, lower advertising ROI, and scale limits.
Why First-Party Data?
First-party data is the only sure solution during these uncertain privacy changes, in terms of:
How To Leverage First-Party Data Effectively
The great news is that first-party data already exists within your organization and marketing database.
The key is understanding how to locate, use, and implement your owned data:
- Actively increase ways to build first-party data.
- Optimize for profitability.
- Create partnerships to leverage second-party data.
- Gather consent.
Key Components For Building A Strong First-Party Data Strategy
- Build a robust first-party data and MarTech infrastructure.
- Effectively leverage first-party data for digital activation.
- Effectively leverage first-party data for measurement and attribution.
How To Build A Roadmap For Implementation
Organizations face challenges with effectively leveraging first-party data for digital marketing.
These challenges are:
- Organizational & data silos.
- Lack of in-house capabilities.
- Lack of effective full-funnel activation strategy.
Steps To Overcoming Challenges & Building A Roadmap
Step 1: Build a first-party data strategy.
- Break organizational and data silos.
- Come together to build a first-party data strategy (including identifying all data sources, data cleaning, mapping across the customer journey, and opportunities for building data).
Step 2: Invest in a robust infrastructure.
- Use onboarding platforms – CDP, CMP, ID Resolution, personalization, GMP, etc.
- Build a connected infrastructure.
Step 3: Build or augment capabilities.
- Utilize data science, advanced analytics, and platform-specific (CDP, personalization, etc.) capabilities.
- Augment resources.
Step 4: Activate first-party data effectively.
- Segment for prioritization & personalization.
- Take a full-funnel approach.
- Leverage AI/ML for an advanced strategy (for example, predictive audiences).
[Slides] How To Harness First-Party Data & Win In A Cookieless Future
Here’s the presentation:
Join Us For Our Next Webinar!
Demystifying SEO Investments: Expert Advice On What CMOs Can Expect
Wondering if SEO is worth your time and money?
Learn which SEO strategies affect your bottom line so you can steer your organization toward the right paths to growth in our next webinar on May 25, 2 p.m. ET.
Featured Image: Paulo Bobita/Search Engine Journal