Facebook has recently added support for home services to its Marketplace platform.
With this update, home service professionals can market their service offerings to other Facebook users in their local area.
Previously, Facebook Marketplace was limited to only selling physical goods. So those without tangible products to sell were not able to utilize the platform.
According to the company’s announcement, millions of people turn to Facebook for advice on home services by asking friends for recommendations.
“More people ask for recommendations related to home services on Facebook in the US than any other topic. Since the beginning of the year, millions of people have asked their friends for suggestions related to home services, such as house cleaners, plumbers and contractors.”
Now, those looking for home service providers such as cleaners, plumbers, and other contractors, can find qualified professionals directly via Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook will be working with Handy, HomeAdvisor, and Porch to provide the following solutions to Facebook users:
- An all-in-one destination to complete a home project — from proposal to completion.
- Hundreds of thousands of top-rated professionals across the US.
- Simplified decision-making by showing professionals’ ratings, reviews, credentials and location.
- Making it easy to get quotes: simply describe the project you need help with and send your request to multiple professionals at once.
- Real-time communications with service professionals via Messenger.
Support for home services in Facebook Marketplace has already started to roll out, and will be available across the US over time coming weeks. Marketplace is accessible via the Facebook mobile app.