Sponsored by CopyPress, “Centralize Your Content Performance.”
In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Dave Roth of Move, Inc. discusses the convergence of search and display advertising.
There’s a lot of synergies now between search and display advertising, Dave explains why this is great for search marketers in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Over half of all display inventory is being bought programatically by machines. Dave explains that as search marketers we love this because we love bidding marketplaces and real-time bidding.
- On certain brand searches Google is now displaying huge branded graphical ads at the top of the page, which is a perfect example of how search and display ads are coming together in the search results.
- Putting a huge display ad in the search results is surprising to Dave, but he says it makes sense for branded searches.
- For businesses interested in getting into display advertising Dave recommends to max out your search programs first. From there you can expand into things like search retargeting and broader retargeting that utilizes behavioral segments.
- From there Dave recommends to track those segments and show them ads that are appropriate according to the actions they have taken on your site.
- If you’re a beginner in the area of display advertising, Dave recommends Facebook as being a great place to start off.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Dave, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.