With the ever-evolving SEO industry and emerging new trends, is content still the key to a successful strategy?
How do you ensure your content meets the latest search standards?
On May 25, I moderated a webinar with Carlos Meza, President and CEO of Crowd Content.
Meza shared what it takes to form an effective content strategy while keeping up with modern times.
With us spending about 473 minutes (a third of our days, almost eight hours, or at least 50% of our waking hours) consuming content or media, is content still king?
Here’s a summary of the webinar. To access the entire presentation, complete the form.
Is Content King In Modern SEO?
First, let’s go down memory lane to understand where we’re coming from and where we’re going so we can understand where modern SEO is headed.
Content In The Past
Creating content in the past looked like this:
- Writing for search engines/keyword stuffing.
- Using volume was a competitive advantage.
- Mimicking competitors.
Because these tactics don’t give the best value to your customers, SEO techniques have changed.
Content In The Present
Intelligent SEO professionals have evolved very well and are now:
- Writing based on persona.
- Being intent-driven.
- Using topic-clustering.
- Using expertise to be more authoritative.
- Becoming helpful.
- Putting importance on volume.
- Creating assets first before the message.
Given these current strategies, how can you love your customers even more? Let’s look at the future of content.
Content In The Future
Here are the elements of that future content. What is essential, and what will matter?
- Becoming human-centric & using pathological empathy through:
- Vulnerability & authenticity.
- Standing out with brand, voice, and tone.
- Getting hyper-personal with micro-audiences.
- Using multi assets to be more interactive & creating trust through:
- Leveraging AI, ML, and technology.
- Focusing more on quality over quantity.
Ultimately, it all comes down to helping the audience and caring.
[Slides] Is Content The King In Modern SEO?
Here’s the presentation:
Join Us For Our Next Webinar!
2023 Google Algorithms & SEO’s Future: Powerful Predictions For 2024
Join us as we explore the major algorithm updates, shifts in what are (and aren’t) ranking factors, and other impactful SEO events from 2023. We’ll also reveal our top predictions for the key SEO trends, challenges, and opportunities coming in 2024.
Featured Image: Paulo Bobita/Search Engine Journal