OpenAI announced the latest version of ChatGPT, including the beta rollout of web browsing and over 200 plugins for ChatGPT Plus users.
This release propels the artificial intelligence platform to new heights, transforming the tasks users can accomplish with ChatGPT.
From entertainment and shopping to job searches and weather forecasts, these experimental features are poised to revolutionize the user experience, bringing a wealth of possibilities to your chat interface.
As we step into this new era of AI-driven web interaction, let’s delve into what this means for ChatGPT users.
Opting Into Experimental ChatGPT Features
ChatGPT Plus users should have access to the beta phase of over 200 plugins and web browsing in the latest release of ChatGPT.
Early access to experimental features can be found in ChatGPT Plus user settings in the beta features panel.
If beta features are enabled, you should see the updated look when accessing the ChatGPT May 24 version. Plugins, browse with Bing, and code interpreter are available under GPT-4.
200+ ChatGPT Plugins
With over 200 selections in the plugin store, users can utilize ChatGPT plugins for work entertainment, home improvements, investing, job searches, marketing, prompt generation, shopping, tutoring, weather, and more.
ChatGPT Plugins For Marketing
The following are some plugins that marketers may find useful.
- Bramework – Identify keywords, create content briefs, conduct SEO assessments, and extract SEO data.
- ChatSpot – Gain access to marketing and sales data, including domain specifics, company research, and search keyword research.
- Competitor PPC Ads – Discover your competitors’ most successful PPC ads simply by entering their website URLs.
- Daigr.am – Facilitates creating charts, diagrams, and beyond.
- Domains Bot – Assesses the availability of specific domain names. Search for your preferred domain name.
- Image Editor – Enables smooth image editing with features including resizing, cropping, blurring, and more.
- SEO – Provide a URL and keyword for an On-Page SEO analysis and insights.
- SEO Assistant – Generate search engine keyword information to assist in creating content with the SEO Assistant.
- SEO CORE AI – Improve website SEO using AI. Gain insights on websites, keywords, and competitors.
- SEO.app – Meet SEO.app, your personal SEO assistant, for effective content marketing.
- Shownotes – Convert lengthy podcasts into brief summaries, find specific information, highlight key points, and discover new episodes.
- Speedy Marketing – Boost your Shopify store, eCommerce website, or any business with a marketing tool that generates SEO blogs and social media content.
- Upskillr – Receive custom curriculum, lesson plans, and support for upskilling on any topic, courtesy of Upskillr, powered by Shorthills Tech.
- Video Highlight – Browse, study, and engage with YouTube videos and personal video content.
- Video Insights – Engage with online video platforms, such as YouTube and Daily Motion.
- WebPilot – Review and QA Webpage/PDF/Data. Generate articles from one or multiple URLs.
- Website Performance – Evaluate vital statistics about your website, including performance, accessibility, best practices, SEO, and Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
- Whois Domain Checker – This Whois app performs the Whois operation for a list of space-separated domain names.
- Yay! Forms – Facilitates the creation of AI-Powered Forms, Surveys, Quizzes, or Questionnaires using Yay! Forms.
- Zapier – Interact with over 5,000+ applications such as Google Sheets, Gmail, HubSpot, Salesforce, and many more.
Enabling ChatGPT Plugins For Use
Even with the large selection of plugins, you can only enable three for a chat.
Testing ChatGPT Plugins
Since I have been searching for a way to use AI to analyze PDFs, I was excited to try out a PDF plugin. Unfortunately, it still needs some work.
The Zillow plugin discovered the homes most likely to meet my requirements, even though it couldn’t find anything that had an exact match.
It does demonstrate that ChatGPT plugins have the potential to change the way we do a lot of things online.
Web Browsing With Bing
In the beta phase, web browsing and plugins should know when and how to use those features to respond to a user’s prompt.
For example, when I asked ChatGPT for today’s top news on a specific topic, web browsing knows to go straight to the web.
In this test, web browsing with Bing mostly focused on news from one source.
Key Stages For New Feature Releases
In addition to the release notes, OpenAI recently explained the key stages of new feature releases for ChatGPT.
The first stage allows a small group of users to test new features (alpha), followed by a second stage of ChatGPT Plus users who have opted in for new features (beta), ending with general availability.
Alpha and Beta stages allow OpenAI to gather user feedback to improve the user experience, increase stability, and meet quality standards before a general release.
As an alpha or beta stage user, you can shape the effectiveness and accuracy of new features by providing feedback with the options provided.
Creating ChatGPT Plugins
Developers that want to create ChatGPT plugins can join the plugins waitlist.
Once approved, OpenAI documentation will guide you through building a plugin like those from Instacart, Expedia, KAYAK, and other brands.
Big Tech Companies Battle For AI Dominance
Updated June 1, 2023
Featured Image: Ascannio/Shutterstock