Backtype, the web comment tracking service (where you’d better register to claim your comments and report fake comments) has a really nice feature that allows to monitor any keyword in a comment: Comment Alerts.
Basically, it sends you an email alert listing the comments where your phrase has been mentioned.
Here’s how it can be useful:
- Monitor your reputation (personally answer all comments mentioning your company name);
- Get more post ideas (Comments are the best source of cool story ideas);
- Get additional help with keyword research (notice where your base terms are usually mentioned and which words tend to surround it).
Let’s see how this works:
- Login to BackType and click “Alerts” at the top of the page;
- You should land at the dashboard where your future alert summaries will appear:
- In the right-hand sidebar, type in your terms to track and set the email alert frequency: Once a day, Instantly (As they happen), Once a week, Never Dashboard only):
- Depending on your settings you will now be receiving email alerts containing your search term: