Last time I shared a quick tip on how Raven tools help to analyze your design.
Today I am going to share another feature that allows to quickly collect your off-page stats (I say quickly because that’s actually the best part about the tool: there’s nothing there you can’t do yourself but with it you’ll save much time).
Quality analyzer (the feature hides behind RESEARCH tab) is the tool that for any given URL generates the following report :
- The number of pages indexed by Google (as reported by SITE: operator);
- The number of pages indexed by Yahoo (as reported by SITE: operator);
- Backlinks in Google (Google’s link: operator);
- Backlinks in Yahoo;
- .EDU links (in Yahoo);
- .GOV links (in Yahoo);
- Domain age;
- Domain expiration;
- Google PageRank;
- Alexa Traffic rank;
- Presence in Dmoz.
While I understand there are more similar tools, there are a few things I like about this report:
- Quick links to details (many similar tools lack this basic feature): click through to detailed results on Google or Yahoo;
- Easy scoring: I like it that 100 is taken as the maximum score, this makes it easier to understand how much you still need to catch on;
- Up to a point: only necessary information; it doesn’t list any extra superfluous info.
All in all, that’s an easy way to evaluate where your site currently stands. Enjoy!