Google is constantly innovating. Sometimes those changes make our lives easier, and sometimes they leave us scrambling to make adjustments to our PPC campaigns. I identified 7 areas of improvement within the AdWords interface that could make everybody’s life much easier. Hey, we can dream right?
1.See Conversions Action Name Details in the Dimension Tab
- Visualize the conversion action name data by day of the week
- Visualize the conversion action name data by geographic area
- Find out what times of the day are best for a given goal
- Find out which goal performs well by destination URL
- Anything else you can think of looking at the dimension tab
2. Adding the Google Analytics Columns in the Dimension Tabs
3. Adding Keyword Type Selection When Adding Keywords from a Search Query Report
4.Schedule Different Campaign Budgets by Day Directly in the Setting Tab
5. Google Forwarded Number More Countries
- Campaigns and/or adgroups that generated calls lasting for more than a given time frame you set up in the AdWords interface. This will give you the information regarding manually dialed phone calls and it won’t include calls coming from mobile devices.
- Identify keywords and adds that initiated a click to call type of click (the data is available under the click type option in the segment tab of both the keyword and the ad tabs)
6. Click to Call Conversions Targeted at Both Keyword & Ad Level
7. Facebook & Twitter Social Extension
The Take Away
Google is a constantly evolving advertising platform. 2013 has been a year full of surprises, starting from enhanced campaigns all the way to review extensions. 2014 will definitively come with many improvements that will make everybody’s life easier. If only we had a say in what they changed! What would you like AdWords to improve and why? Voice your opinion and let’s build an even bigger list!