Both with on-page SEO diagnostics and SEO copywriting, we often need to perform various types of text analysis. Here is the collection of tools that should come in handy:
1. Keyword usage analyzers give quick overview of keyword prominence, i.e. page meta description, title, H-headings, image alt text, links anchor text and bold text:
- Ranks Keyword Density and Prominence Tool;
- SEOworkers SEO Analysis Tool;
- RankQuest Keyword Density Analyzer.
2. Semantic and lexical text analyzer – TextAnalyser.net – offers an exhaustive lexical complexity and variety overview by looking into:
- different words count;
- characters count;
- complexity factor (lexical density);
- syllables-per-word count;
- sentence count;
- average sentence length;
- max. sentence length;
- most frequent words analysis (~ keyword density).
3. Text to HTML ratio analyzers compare the page HTML code and text size:
- RankQuest tool;
- SEOChat tool;
4. Word count calculator – FireFox extension – counts words and characters of any highlighted text fragment.
5. Page outline creators give a short summary of a page content based on H-headings usage.
Fangs FireFox extension also creates a page outline based on H1-H6 headings and link anchor text:
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!