A prestigious night in search marketing concluded last night with a first class ceremony at the UK Search Awards.
I feel comfortable saying that, because I was there. After having been to both the US and European Search Awards, there is no doubt that the UK awards are in a class of their own.
The fifth annual ceremony drew over 700 attendees to see awards being handed out in 28 categories.
The elegant presentation was befitting of celebrating a year’s worth of accomplishments in search. Not to mention that they excelled in one of the most aggressively competitive industries — the UK.
Notable winners included:
- Verve Search, taking home the award for best small agency
- Stickyeyes, taking home the award for best large agency
- Mike Liston, taking home the award for young search professional of the year
- Matt Roberts from Linkdex, taking home the award for UK search personality of the year
No expense was spared on celebrating the evening — from the lounge to the ballroom — first class all the way.
Having the opportunity to sit at the judges’ table, I picked their brains on what goes in to deciding a winner. Having well-defined objectives, and meeting those objectives, is key to taking home one of these prestigious awards.
With that being said, please see below for a full list of winner’s from the 2015 UK Search Awards:
- Best Use of Search – Periscopix
- Best Use of Search in Finance – Money Supermarket
- Best Use of Search in Travel and Leisure – Verve Search
- Best use of Search in Gaming – Blueclaw
- Best use of Search in the Third Sector – Blueglass
- Best Local Campaign – BrainLabs
- Best Low Budget Campaign – Found and Randstad Finance and Professionals
- Best Use of PR in a Search Campaign – Verve Search
- Best Use of Social Media in a Search Campaign – NetBoosterUk
- Best Integrated Campaign – Money Supermarket
- Best SEO Campaign – Greenlight
- Best Use of Content Marketing – LattitudeUK
- Most Innovative Campaign – Starcom Media
- Best PPC Management Software – Doubleclick Search
- Best SEO Software – Searchmetrics
- Best In-House Team – Money Supermarket
- Best Small PPC Agency – The Media Image
- Best Small SEO Agency – Verve Search
- Best Large SEO Agency – Stickyeyes
- Best Small Integrated Search Agency – Media Vision
- Best Large Integrated Search Agency – MediaComUK
- Young Search Professional of the Year – Mike Liston
- UK Search Personality of the Year – Matt Roberts from Linkdex