This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
How Millennials can Master Digital Marketing
The Internet is full of advice on how to capture the eyeballs and wallets of the biggest market demographic in the history of the human race. But there’s something missing from this conversation, says VIP contributor Neil Patel.
How should millennials do digital marketing? How should they view their own role in the marketing adventure? Millennials are not merely a marketing demographic. They are marketers, too, says Patel.
How should Millennials view their role and master the craft of digital marketing? Patel answers it with six statements in this week’s top post.
Google Adjust Impact of Ad Rank Formats
Google has done away with the archaic and confusing formula for displaying ad extensions with the introduction of a new policy. With this new policy, the impact of ad formats in the ad rank formula has been changed, and Google is now able to provide an estimate of an ad’s visibility in the search results pages.
Learn more about how this change will affect advertisers in this week’s top news post.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- How Millennials Can Master Digital Marketing, by Neil Patel
- Google Adjust the Impact of Ad Rank Formats, by Matt Southern
- Optimize Your Site Navigation Using These 4 Steps, by Stoney G deGeyter
- 23 Brands With Awesome Instagram Videos, by Anna Crowe
- Google PageRank Officially Shuts Its Doors to the Public, by Matt Southern
- Why The Twitter Timeline Change is Good For Brands, by Anna Crowe
- Google AdWords Sees Green With Updated Ad Tag Colors, by Matt Southern
- #AskAnSEO: Jenny Halasz Answers Questions on SEO Measurement, by Jenny Halasz
- Casey Markee on How BLE Beacons Will Affect Search #MarketingNerds, by Aki Libo-on
- Google’s New Search Card Will Help Track Your Online Orders, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Brent Csutoras is joined by James Loomstein, managing partner at Rogue Marketing, to talk about marketing automation. Together, they dive into the difference between automation and personalization, when automation works and when it might not be the best choice, some automation tools, and more.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: FirmBee/Pixabay.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: EKS via Shutterstock enhanced by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita