There are many ways to build links discussed around the web, there have been articles showing 101 ways to build links, 200 ways, etc.
What most people need is not a HUGE list of link building techniques but only the most valuable techniques/the most simplified techniques. The 5 best styles of links may be found based upon :
- High Relevance
- High Linkabilty/Viral Content
- High Authority
- High Traffic
- and maybe even High PageRank
Give more than expected and people will link to you from across the web. According to the compilation of EVERY link building technique out there, I have come to conclude the following tactics as the most far reaching and over-arching techniques a webmaster/SEO/SEM can do. Here they are:
- Article DistributionDo Article Submissions, possibly even get article submitters to do the article submissions for you — There IS the Article Submitter software, but it is a pain, considering the tediousness of the program…Just build great articles and send them out to the article submission land list (The Article Sites Mster List is a great start)
- Blog ComentingThis is the best way to build links, regardless of the nofollow, you will be capable of making friends with the blogs you comment on most. Networking on the web is the way of viral link building.
- Comment and participate on blogs within your niche
- Email them, LINK to them, they’ll reciprocate through time.
- Use social bookmarking and trending sites to discover related topics and expand your groups, forums and blog search further
More to come, those are only the beginning ideas. There are so many other ways to build links and tens to hundreds of thousands of webmasters are using those same techniques. Widget creation, Facebook app utilization and other ideas are on their way for link and traffic building.
Miles Price is the publisher of the iMarketingGuru Search Wiki and President of iCluck SEO Services, a Buffalo, NY based search marketing firm.