This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
10 Ways Beacons Will Change SEO
Beacons, the in-store devices that help retailers communicate with consumers on their mobile devices, could mean big changes in SEO as they evolve. First and foremost, given the interaction can only occur when consumers are within a specific geographic range, beacons will increase the importance of local search.
Beacons may force businesses to make local more of a priority in order to influence potential customers about where they want to go to obtain the products or services they are searching for in near-me moments on their mobile devices.
In this week’s top post, SEJ contributor Lisa Lacy lays out nine ways beacons could change search as we know it.
New Study Reveals Top Local SEO Ranking Factors
A study published this week reveals new information about the factors behind high ranking Google My Business (GMB) pages.The study set out to answer the question “How do you prioritize your local SEO operations?”, and came back with data about the similarities shared between GMB pages that rank well in Google searches.
So, what are the top local SEO ranking factors? Find out in this week’s top news post.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 10 Ways Beacons Will Change SEO, by Lisa Lacy
- New Study Reveals Top Local SEO Factors for 2016, by Matt Southern
- Why Your Blog is Failing to Reach 1,000 Pageviews, and 23 Ways to Fix It, by Will Robins
- These SEO Tools Can help You Develop Better Content, by Cynthia Johnson
- Big Change to Keyword Planner: Google Restricts Access to Those With AdWords Accounts, by Matt Southern / [AD] How to Select “Rankable” Keywords to Target Using Ahrefs
- Optimize Your Site for Featured Snippets, by Ryan Clutter
- New in Google Search Console: Rich Results Filter, by Danny Goodwin
- How to Create a Marketing Plan, by Meg Cabrera
- News: New FB Live Features, by Danielle Antosz
- Google to Test Your Internet Speed on Demand, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Erica McGillivray, senior community manager at Moz, sits down with Features Editor Danielle Antosz, to talk about nurturing and growing a community. They discussed the benefits of building a strong community around your brand, how the Moz community started, and community building in live events.
Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: dxinerz/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita