I have already reviewed some great SEO features of FireBug FireFox extension – and today I am looking at another awesome multi-feature addon. Web Developer Toolbar allows for a huge number of cool SEO-useful options and here’s a quick overview of them:
1. Search for image paths and file names:
- Go: Images => Display image paths
- Now use CTRL+F search functionality to find hidden images or images containing keywords, etc
3. Display image Alt attributes to see how well images are optimized right within the page design:
4. Test your site:
- Find broken images;
- Assess Validation errors and reports.
5. Research and visualize on-page links:
- Display URL path next to each text link;
- Outline External links (“Outline” -> “Outline links” ->”External links”).
- View the list of all page links (“Information” -> “View link information”).
6. View document outline:
The outline is built based on the H-tags usage. This way you will be able to evaluate how headings are used on page, how keywords are used there, which H-levels are missed, etc
7. Edit HTML
(Accessed via “Miscellaneous” -> “Edit HTML”)
To conclude, it should be noted that like any multi-feature software, this one offers a huge number of more possible SEO uses – above I was only listing only my favorite ones, and you are welcome to share yours!