On Wednesday, August 24th, SEJ Think Tank was joined by Anne Ahola Ward, CEO of CircleClick, for a webinar presentation about the latest SEO trends and developments as they relate specifically to the mobile screen.
Anne’s 20–minute presentation was followed up by an informative Q&A session, led by Loren Baker, the Founder of Search Engine Journal.
Highlights from Anne’s presentation:
- With more than half of 100 billion monthly searches occurring on mobile devices, there’s no reason not to venture into mobile.
- 62% of organic searches display different results on desktop vs. smartphone. This trend is only expected to increase.
- Search is the most common starting point for mobile product-based searches.
- What is visible on the page without action is what gets us to scroll. Be worth the trouble of scrolling.
- The most viewed area of a webpage is just above the fold, at about 550 pixels, with just over 80% viewership.
- Speed is king. Make sure that your page loads fast, and reap the rewards.
- There is no dominant platform, always consider Nth possibilities.
Resources and Links
- Facebook Instant Articles
- AMP project
- Mobile Marketing Statistics
- Augmented Reality Information Search Engine (ARISE)
Watch the Full Presentation Below:
View Anne’s Slides:
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our next live webinar on Wednesday, December 18 at 2 p.m. ET as Alen Todorov of SEOmonitor shares tips on how SEO agencies can write better proposals that prove value and eliminate client concerns.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita