This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
9 Things to Validate While Auditing E-Commerce Sites for SEO
E-commerce businesses rely on Google rankings, making regular SEO audits a must. Running a comprehensive SEO audit isn’t for the faint of heart; knowing how to spot and fix common issues and opportunities helps make the whole thing feel less intimidating.
When you run an audit, what should you be looking for? How do you resolve any issues you find? In this week’s top post, SEJ contributor Rohan Ayyar shares nine things to get right when auditing your e-commerce site for SEO. Read the full post here.
Debunking the Myth of Long Form Content
Data can be useful. But sometimes people draw conclusions too quickly from data. In marketing, there are few absolute truths and sometimes it’s wise to look for exceptions.
Spending the time to write long-form content is a common piece of advice among digital marketing bloggers. SEJ Contributor Brian Lang takes a closer look at how some influencers and high traffic blogs grew to over 100,000 subscribers by doing the opposite. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 9 Things to Validate When Auditing E-Commerce Sites for SEO, By Rohan Ayyar
- Debunking the Myth of Long Form Content: A Data-Driven Case for Short Content, By Brian Lang
- 5 Steps to Clean Up Your PPC Keywords, By Alexander Kesler
- Google’s AMP Update: What to Expect & How to Adapt With Your Content, By Julia McCoy
- The Ultimate LinkedIn Profile Cheat Sheet [INFOGRAPHIC], By Aki Libo-on / [AD] Marketers Redirect Your Strategy: 4 Areas of Focus for Optimizing Your SEO Traffic
- NBC Golf Channel’s Steve Guberman on Google Tag Manager, By Brent Csutoras
- Google Experiments With “Call/Text” Google to Find Local Services, By Matt Southern
- An Inside Look at SEJ: The WordPress Plugins We Use, By Aki Libo-on
- Find Where Your Audience is And Reach Them, By Julia McCoy
- Google to Update Smartphone User Agent of Googlebot, By Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Kelsey Jones and Danielle Antosz talk about their experiences in taking the leap to full-time freelancing. They also shared the bookkeeping and invoicing tools that work for them, and discuss when it is time to quit your full-time job.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Rohan Ayyar
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Graph by Brian Lang. Created with Chart Go.
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita