In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, David Snyder of CopyPress discusses how to scale your content marketing.
David is the CEO of CopyPress, where they focus on scaling content and the content life cycle. CopyPress helps people create content and then find publishers to place the content on their blog or website. From there they curate the content and make sure there is a lot of social media engagement around it.
Needless to say, David is an expert on scaling content marketing. Here what he has to say about it in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- The hardest part of scaling content marketing is finding creative talent to produce the content.
- Whenever David hears that a company has in-house content creators, to him that means they can’t scale infinitely.
- CopyPress operates with a team of around six thousand creatives and building the team all the time.
- With a large team, David says you can also run into the problem of keeping quality in check. What CopyPress has done to circumvent that obstacle is introduce a certification and training program.
- David’s idea of scaling content marketing is being able to produce upwards of two thousand expert-level articles in a week.
- When it comes to distributing content, David says to start with figuring out where your home base is. In most cases it’s your website, then that branches out to your YouTube and social media channels.
- Decide what to put where, don’t spread the same content across all channels.
- From there David suggests to figure out who you can partner up with to get your content distributed on their channels.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or David, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.