At Pubcon 2015 in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to speak with Rocco Baldassarre, of Zebra Advertising, about the misconceptions surrounding Facebook advertising.
It’s not just about boosting a post to your existing audience, and leaving it at that. However, that’s what most marketers are doing, Rocco says
See Rocco dispel some of the largest misconceptions about Facebook in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- There’s so many more things you can do what Facebook advertising than simply boosting posts. Boosted posts go out to a limited audience, and you’re missing the opportunity to target behavior, interests, and deeper targeting options.
- One of the best things about Facebook ads is that you can drive cheap clicks that are also high quality.
- Google advertising is better when it comes to making the sale here and now, while Facebook is better for capturing large volumes of new and returning customers.
- When starting with Facebook ads, figure out who your customers are. If your customers can be targeted through lifestyle, then Facebook is an ideal ad platform for your business.
- B2C businesses are generally better suited for Facebook advertising. This is especially true when it comes to the dynamic remarketing capability — where you can target people who have already been on your website.
- Facebook also excels at ad reporting. Reporting is more granular since you can narrow down things like the ages of people who are clicking and not clicking on your ads.
- With this information you can make campaigns more profitable by only having your ads displayed to the types of people most likely to click.
- When it comes to boosted posts, Rocco doesn’t say to forget about them altogether. Instead, Rocco recommends boosting them from the ad manager itself to take advantage of the more advanced targeting options.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.