A Geek’s Guide To Promoting Yourself and Your Online Business in 140 Characters or Less with Twitter is a new completely free eBook describing Twitter promotion potential and tactics.
The book will guide you through Twitter basics to advanced actionable advice:
- the power of 140 characters and how to use it;
- the benefits of joining Twitter;
- the differences between twittering and blogging;
- promoting your Twitter profile;
- using the search feature;
- how to write useful and valuable tweets;
- exploring and learning other people’s “twittering” tactics;
- using Twitter in conjunction with your blog;
- using Twitter as a business tool.
…people are also using the site to ask questions, ask for advice and even network with other like minded people with the intention of forming a business relationship later on.
Here are a few tactics you can use to promote your Twitter profile:
- give your profile a branded URL (twitter.com/yourbrandname);
- give your profile a branded look and feel (customize it using your brand colors and logos);
- create a unique branded Twitter badge/widget;
- give your profile URL in the bottom of your emails;
- follow other people;
- use correct keywords to get found by other like-minded Twitterers;
Keep people in touch with your Twitter profile: the book gives some great ideas on what to tweet about to get people interested in you and your business:
Think of each tweet you send out as a headline.
Using Twitter as a business tool:
- get to know your customers;
- brand your business;
- get traffic to your website.
Apart from the above, the book lists and reviews some great Twitter tools that can help you in promoting and using your profile.