This new technology clearly presents new sets of challenges for website owners. Having extensive experience with Google Glass, Rob can tell you what site owners need to be aware of when optimizing for this technology.
Hear what Rob has to say in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Google Glass is an entirely new screen that can’t be compared with today’s mobile, tablet and desktop screens.
- Google Now is the intelligence engine behind the whole experience, so Rob suggests not just optimizing for search but optimizing for the experience.
- In order to do that, you have to look at Google Now very closely. There are many different elements of Google Now in the form of Google Cards that webmasters need to become familiar with.
- Local search is huge, Rob says. Wherever you go, Google Glass populates a list of suggestions based on things that are nearby.
- Rob suggests experiencing Google Glass for yourself before relying solely on what someone else says. Then think about what kind of unique value your company offers that it can bring to the whole Google Glass experience.
- Rob stresses that if you’re a local business you have to have your local signals in place everywhere, including things like name, address, and phone number.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Rob, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our daily newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!