On this episode of Marketing Nerds, I was joined by Marla Johnson, the CEO of Aristotle. We had a great conversation about how to find and target your audience with content they actually want to interact with. I really enjoyed talking with Marla, and she had a lot of great information and tools to share.
Here are few topics we talked about:
- The biggest misconceptions marketers have when they are trying to define their audience.
- Why buyer or users personas are actually useful.
- How an increase in mobile usage has decreased user patience – and what that means for marketers.
- How mobile apps are changing the way internet users find the data
Tool Marla Mentioned
During the podcast, Marla mentioned a few tools you might find useful. Here they are:
Searchmetrics: Use this tool to build a data-driven content and SEO strategy.
Tableau: This tool will help you track and find and visualize data.
Qualtrics: Use this tool to survey your customers and see where your business can improve.
To Listen to Marketing Nerds with Marla Johnson:
- Download and listen to the full episode at the bottom of this post
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Sign up on IFTTT to receive an email whenever the Marketing Nerds podcast RSS feed has a new episode
- Listen on Stitcher
Think you have what it takes to be a Marketing Nerd? If so, message Kelsey Jones on Twitter, or email her at kelsey [at] searchenginejournal.com.
Visit our Marketing Nerds archive to listen to other Marketing Nerds podcasts!
Featured Illustration Created by Paulo Bobita.
In Post Image: f9Photos | Shutterstock