Launch Firefox with Multiple Tabbed Homepages
Although I’ve found Opera quite a useful browser, I’m a dedicated user of Mozilla’s Firefox and have been using Mozilla browsers for the last 7 or 8 years. Tabbed browsing and security are the two major reasons Mozilla has won me over in the browser market, and now there’s a new useful tip I read about today which I thik is going to secure my loyalty to Mozilla. One of my favorite bloggers, Amit Agarwal, has a rundown of how to set up Firefox to open with multiple tabbed homepages.
1. From the Firefox Tools menu, choose Options
2. Click on the text box under Homepage – Location(s) group (see screenshot)
3. Type the address of the webpage that you want to load when Firefox loads. Now insert a vertical bar (pipe) | (generally located beside the backspace key on Qwerty keyboards). Next, type the web address of another webpage that you want to load. You can insert any number of pages separated by a pipe symbol.
The next time you start Firefox, each of the webpages will open in separate tabs.
Another Quick alternative for launching multiple webpage on Firefox startup
1. Open Firefox browser and load all favorite webpages in separate tabs.
2. Choose Tools – Options – Homepage – Locations. Now click “Use Current Pages”
Thanks for the tip Amit.