In order to get the most value for our readers, I asked him specifically what small to medium sized business could be doing better to be more reactive about their SEO efforts.
Boggs’ response to this question is below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Reactive SEO is a response to negative signals such as a decrease in traffic, lower rankings, etc.
- You have to have a plan in place to immediately address these negative signals when you start to notice them.
- Follow the process of understanding where the issue lies, identify who can control a change to that issue, then effectively implement a change.
- Set up a “rainy day” fund for paid search to recoup lost traffic.
- Be careful not to break something by attempting to fix it when it was already working.