In order to get the most value for our readers, I asked him specifically what small to medium sized business could be doing better to be more reactive about their SEO efforts.
Boggs’ response to this question is below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Reactive SEO is a response to negative signals such as a decrease in traffic, lower rankings, etc.
- You have to have a plan in place to immediately address these negative signals when you start to notice them.
- Follow the process of understanding where the issue lies, identify who can control a change to that issue, then effectively implement a change.
- Set up a “rainy day” fund for paid search to recoup lost traffic.
- Be careful not to break something by attempting to fix it when it was already working.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!