As part of our SEJ interview series, Michael David of Tasty Placement discusses an issue that’s on every website owner’s mind these days. Just how important is it that your website is optimized for mobile devices with responsive design?
To give an example of how fast mobile Internet use is on the rise, 40% of YouTube’s traffic in 2013 came from mobile devices compared to 25% in 2012 and just 5% in 2011.
Michael and his team at Tasty Placement are encouraging clients to go in the direction of responsive design. He explains why in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Responsive design is the best approach to getting those business customers with mobile devices into your sales cycle instead of letting them drop out.
- Michael views responsive design as a way to plug holes for the mobile device users who can’t get what they need from your site in its current form.
- Michael’s company designs responsive websites in three levels: a desktop version, a tablet version, and a mobile version.
- When building a responsive web site a key thins to focus on is making it easy for the user to fill out forms on their mobile device.
- To determine how important responsive design is for your specific website, go into Google Analytics and check your conversions rates and user engagement on mobile devices. If the numbers are dropping you can regain those customers with responsive design.
If you have any questions after watching the video, please ask them in the comments section and I will do my best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our daily newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!