Having affiliates who don’t do anything doesn’t get you or your business anywhere. You need top affiliates who are passionate about pushing your products and bringing you more sales, which in turn earns them a nice commission.
How do you attract these kinds of affiliates? Adam explains how in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- The first thing to do, Adam says, is to clean out your program. You can do this by adding a robots.txt and a no-index to your terms and conditions that will help clean up the search listings for what you’re selling.
- This will instill confidence in the large publishers you want to attract that their cookies won’t be overwritten and they can keep their sales.
- When it comes to finding top affiliates, look into using software like Raven Tools or Majestic SEO. Plug in the base URL of one of your competitor’s affiliate links to get a list of all the links currently published that are pointing to your competitors.
- Another thing you can do with these backlink checking tools, Adam says, is to find sites that are passing a lot of authority for relevant keywords through their links. Approach these sites and let them know you’re selling a product that is relevant to what they’re linking to.
- Using advanced SEO skills like this will help you find the right partners to drive traffic to your products that will help make both of you more sales and more money.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!