Greg shared with us the “secret sauce” of YouTube SEO in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- YouTube has a different algorithm than Google, so a video should not be optimized like another web page. For example, YouTube relies heavily on tags which Google ignores.
- Google keyword tools should not be used for researching YouTube keywords. Use the YouTube keyword tool instead.
- After doing your keyword research, Greg recommends to make sure those keywords are all included in your YouTube tags.
- Greg recommends having some generic “channel tags” to use on all your videos to increase visibility.
- Video marketing is best suited for companies with unique products and/or compelling stories.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Greg, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from #SESSF 2013.