What an opportune time for Google to launch another business enteprise solution geared for big e-commerce site than right now? Just in time for the onset of the holiday shopping season Google unveiled Commerce Search. Think of it as a the Custom Search Engine for e-commerce sites, big commerce sites to be exact.
Google Commerce Search aims to make the otherwise cumbersome task of searching for products on e-commerce sites easier and more fun, a post from the Official Google Blog said.
In brief the Google Commerce Search has the following features:
- the same lightning fast Google searching technology applied to retailers databases enabling consumers to find the right products in a snap,
- a scalable hosted solution that aims to increase seasonal query volume
- search refinement functionality that can automatically generate groupings based on user query and matching items,
- easily manageable product promotions that provides complete control to marketers and e-commerce site administrators
- full customization option for controling how products are displayed on search results landing pages
- no additional admistrative cost for deployment and maintenance
- customized reporting and statistical analysis via integrated Google Analytics
Finally, pricing scheme for Google Commerce Search will depend on the number of products/items on businesses’ data feed and search queries.