Google has just announced its new ad serving technology which is geared for both large and small scale online publishers – DoubleClick for Publishers. This is actually a result of combining Google Ad Manager and DoubleClick Ad Exchange which Google purchase in 2008.
DoubleClick for Publishers, the main service will be available for large online publishers while DFP Small Business is geared for growing online publishers and is a simple, free version of the DFP. Existing DART for Publishers users will be automatically upgraded to DoubleClick for Publishers over the next year, while Google Ad Manager accounts will be moved to DFP for Small Business in the coming weeks.
DoubleClick for Publishers will have the following features:
- A new interface that has been completely redesigned to save time and reduce errors.
- Far more detailed reporting and forecasting data to help publishers understand where their revenue is coming from and what ads are most valuable.
- Sophisticated algorithms that automatically improve ad performance and delivery.
- A new, open, public API which enables publishers to build and integrate their own apps with DFP, or integrate apps created for DFP by a growing third-party developer community (apps under development today include sales, order management and workflow tools).
- Integration with the new DoubleClick Ad Exchange’s “dynamic allocation” feature, which maximizes revenue by enabling publishers to open up their ad space to bids from multiple ad networks.
For more info, check out the DoubleClick blog.