Search Explorer provides users with specialized search engine results with the ability to find web pages based on how influential they are for certain keywords.
Hear Dixon explain more about it in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Majestic SEO deals with 3 billion URLs a day, so needless to say they see a lot of data go through their system.
- They’re using this data to help users find web pages and web sites that are influential for specific keywords.
- Search Explorer is a specialized search engine that allows users to put in a search term and be provided with a list of pages that are influential for that term.
- Whereas Google’s search results lean heavily on on-page data and personalization, Search Explorer gives you information about rankings based on link influence.
- Smaller businesses and smaller sites can benefit from this tool by finding the websites that are influential for the keywords you want to rank for. From there you can identify who you should start building a relationship with and hopefully get a link from them.
- Search Explorer is available right now as a subscription-based service.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Dixon, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.