If you run an eCommerce site, submitting it to coupon code directories is a wise promotional method you might want to consider. You will benefit from this in a few ways:
- you will find new customers who frequent the particular directory to look for bargains in your niche;
- you will contribute to your brand reputation management (i.e. more positive listings for your [brand name] searches);
- you will get more conversions from your [brand name] search referrals (people seeing your coupon codes when searching for your company);
- you will get relevant backlinks from your site listings.
A few tips on how to make the most of your directory listings:
- always include your brand name in your listing title;
- always include your main keywords in your listing title;
- promote your listings at your site and via newsletters;
- diversify your listings (by different descriptions,deals, titles and keywords) – they will all pop up for your [brand name] search, so by this you increase your chance to convert;
- add several coupons for most popular directories and update your listing page regularly (remove expired coupons and add new ones).
Most popular coupon code directories:
- Coupon Cabin has some nice social features (e.g. sharing and reporting options); for each individual listing it also displays relevant categories and merchants.
- My Coupon Codes: besides the directory, there’s also a regularly updated frugal blog
- Ultimate Coupons also has newsletters to advertise in.
- Free Shipping primarily focuses on free shipping offers (see the example: JCPenney coupons).
- Deal Taker has built an awesome daily updated forums to take part in.
The full list of both free and paid coupon directories and forums can be found here.
Note: some of these directories do not have a submit form, so I either linked to a home page or contact form.