At Pubcon 2015 in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to speak with Christina Baldassarre of Zebra Advertising about a different way of looking at Facebook ads that a lot of advertisers aren’t seeing right now.
The Facebook ad platform rewards you for doing well. Christina says you can lower your cost-per-click (CPC) to next to nothing if you have a high enough click through rate.
How do you make people click? Christina explains what’s working right now in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- According to Christina’s own research and testing, the image used on an ad is the main difference maker when it comes to click-through rate. Testing different images has been found to impact CTR by as much as 70% up and down.
- Images featuring people are more likely to get clicked on, and those with a close up face shot are up to six times more likely to get clicked on.
- Christina stresses that advertisers need to try to incorporate images of people however they can because the difference it makes is that strong. With a high CTR you can watch your CPC go from from 2 dollar to 35 cents. It has never been more clear that it is now how much ads with people can impact the bottom line
- Progressive Insurance is a good example of a company that puts a face to an otherwise faceless business by creating a character to go with its advertising. Sometimes you have to get creative when it comes to adding a human element to your business.
- When testing ads, Christina says it’s not about how many variations of ads you put out there — what matters is that you’re always testing. Keep renewing your content because that’s a positive signal for Facebook. Christina warns that the reach of your ads may be reduced if you’re not constantly keeping them new and original.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.