Sponsored by CopyPress, “Centralize Your Content Performance.”
In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Krista Neher of Boot Camp Digital leads a discussion about the benefits of using visual content in social media.
Krista has deep roots in marketing and brand building, having worked with some of the biggest and most successful brands. Krista also founded Boot Camp Digital, an organization that specializes in social media training.
As we all have seen through using social media every day, there is a strong shift towards visual content. Krista explains how you can take advantage of this and use visual content to drive results for your business.
Hear her advice in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- The popularity of social networks like Pinterest and Instagram have heavily influenced all of social media to go in the direction of visual content.
- Before being more visual on social media you have to start with your website. Krista explains that you need to have great pictures on your website.
- Great pictures, Krista says, are “pinnable images.” A pinnable image is a single photo that in itself tells a story.
- Take a look at your website and figure out what pages you want to be shared the most. Make sure those pages have a pinnable image.
- An easy way to create a pinnable image, Krista says, is to take images you’re already using and add text to them.
- Krista uses a mobile app called Phonto to create custom images. Another option is to create the image in PowerPoint and export it as a jpeg.
- Using more images on your website is not so much about web design as it is about web shareability.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Krista, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.