Google’s decision to not provide keyword data has people nervous about not having access to the same information they used to. As a result, SEOs are scrambling for solutions so they can continue to provide content their audience is looking for.
Jacob’s company specializes in competitive intelligence to help businesses make better decisions. I began the interview by asking what he’s doing as a result of Google’s move to protected search, as well as what his methodology is behind segmenting data.
Hear what Jacob has to say in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Unlike Google, Jacob’s company continues to provide updates about keyword data to customers on a daily basis.
- Jacob takes a holistic approach to collecting keyword data, meaning he takes into account both paid and organic search data.
- Based on both sets of data his company is better able to score the value of ranking number one for a certain keyword.
- You have to evaluate your market position by looking at the full screen, Jacob says, including paid and organic results.
- Jacob’s company, Hoosh Technology, provides this data to users at any level. Whether you’re a small business or an enterprise company, you will be able to use his extremely user-friendly software.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Stoney, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.