This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the past week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google+ Dropped From Search Results
Google+ links and reviews are no longer being included in search results, even in searches for specific business names. Not only are the links gone, but the star reviews from Google+ have been stripped from the SERPS as well.
There has been no official statement from Google on removing it’s own social network from search results, but the search giant’s actions would lead one to believe Google+ is becoming even less of a focus for the company.
Read the full details about this week’s top news story.
6 Aspects of SEO the Busy Entrepreneur can Stop Worrying About
As a busy entrepreneur you’ve got a lot on your plate. You already have too much to do without being told you now have to worry about SEO.
It can be stressful. Why? Because all around you in the digital marketing world are people screaming “This is important!!”, and suddenly you start to panic if you’re not ranking in the number one position.
Take a step back and reassess your goals. Your goal is to get your website up, get it ranking for the right keywords, and work to build your business, right? If so, then there are a few things you can finally stop worrying about.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Google+ Links and Reviews Dropped From Google Search Results, by Matt Southern
- 6 Aspects of SEO Busy Entrepreneurs Can Stop Worrying About, by Neil Patel
- 7 Ways to Humanize Your Brand, by Margot da Cunha
- 5 Creative Ways to Boost Your Content Marketing ROI, by Bamidele Onibalusi
- The New Successful Content for 2015 and Beyond, by Julia McCoy
- 7 Business Models to Consider in the Game of Search, by Albert Costill
- Twitter Going HTTPS on October 1st For New Links Only, by Matt Southern
- Why You Should Invest in Multilingual Digital Marketing, by James Brockbank
- Google Warns Against Repeat Violations of Webmaster Guidelines, by Matt Southern
- 8 Actionable Takeaways From the 2015 SEO Ranking Factors, by Neil Patel
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Jim Banks, Global Head of Biddable Media at Cheapflights, joins SEJ Executive Editor Kelsey Jones to talk about optimizing PPC campaigns on multiple devices—including how to make huge campaign results by having a “first-mover advantage.” Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.