John makes a full time living from blogging, but it’s not the blogging itself where earns most of his money it’s from the products featured on the blog.
John’s blog acts as a gateway, or a traffic source, that he uses to push visitors down a sales funnel which is where the money is made. Hear John explain more about how he does this in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- John’s process works something like this: A visitor lands on his blog and is offered a free ebook on how he does what he does. Included in the ebook are links to resources. If the person reading the eBook buys ones of these resources, John earns a commission.
- John sells his own products in these ebooks, as well as affiliate products. If a person were to buy everything John recommends they would be spending upwards of 26 thousand dollars, but typically they only spend a few hundred dollars.
- Instead of promoting and selling one product, John tries to create repeat customers by selling multiple things to the same people.
- John gains customer trust by teaching them and being a valuable resource for information about sales, which keeps them coming back and allows him the opportunity to sell more products.
- John says this is a much better business model than “hit-and-run” affiliate marketing, which consists of selling one product to one customer and then never seeing them again.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.