All Twitter benefits and (potential) spheres of usage are yet to be explored. However it is great to see some of huge companies already taking advantage of the tool:
- To update customers of the company deals and coupon codes:
Build your Twitter list automatically. Click here for a free trial!
2. Starbucks posts new offers and also participates in threaded discussions of these offers with their Twitter-followers.
- To offer an alternative customer support option:
3. JetBlue offers Twitter-based customer service (notice, they even provide the customer support employee’s name currently on duty).
4. ComCast offers a friendly Twitter customer support; what I personally like about their profile is the real person photo instead of the company logo.
5. TheHomeDepot “moonlights on Twitter to help their customers.”
- To get closer to customers:
6. Via their Twitter profile Southwest Airlines run non-official, entertaining discussions with their customers.
7. Whole Foods Market asks what their clients like to read and watch, recommends new food podcasts and invites them to the company upcoming events.
8. HRBlock runs ask-and-answer sessions with their customers.
9. Best Buy has built Gina Community to communicate with their customers and friends.
- To react to customers’ feedback:
10. Popeyes answers their clients’ feedback in an entertaining tone and also updates their Twitter listeners of the current deals and discounts.
- To offer an alternative subscription option:
11. ATTNews updates their Twitter-followers of the news published at the site.
12. Forrester Research posts updates of their site recent discussions.
- To post company news:
13. BreakingPoint posts updates of the company and industry news and also discusses it with their Twitter-listeners.
14. Ford posted the company internal news (the account seems abandoned).
Update: here are some cool Ford Twitter accounts you can check out:
(thanks to @ScottMonty, Global Digital Communications for
Ford Motor Company, for pointing the accounts out to me)
15. Samsung has created a Twitter account dedicated to mobile phones and posts both the company (US department) and product news there.
- To promote the corporate blog:
16. Kodak Chief Blogger both posts the company blog updates and discusses them with the company customers.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!